• In the Spotlight:

fruit eating cat

Anyone have a pet that likes fruit or veggies? My cat was begging for my smoothie and I gave him a bit thinking he'dturn his nose up at it,but he loves it! There's nothing even in it a cat should like! He's pretty weird!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Our cat goes CRAZY for cantaloupe. As soon as I start cutting it he starts yowling and stands on his hind legs and tried to grab it off the counter. He is a weirdo. He will not eat meat scraps or tuna, but will eat cantaloupe.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I remember when I was little we used to go to this dairy farm and they sold ice cream. They had a tomcat (the farm) who always hung out around the ice cream parlor and everyone would give him ice cream! He LOVED IT! Apparently kitties can have sweettoothes too!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My mom gave our cat a whole plate of beef roast, potatoes, and carrots once when my brother wouldn't eat his food when he was like 3. Stupid cat ate almost everyhting on there!

That cat was weird. He liked donuts, spaghetti, and Werther's originals!
    Anonymous

• my dog loves baby carrotts and my cat is completely obsessed with vanilla yogurt!!
    if she hears you open the container of yogurt she is at your feet and she fallows you to where ever you decide to sit and eat the yogurt and she will put her tiny little paw on your shoulder and tap on it.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yeah, one of my cats will eat almost anything. It's so weird to watch him gobble up a chunk of tomato dropped on the floor.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes, one of my kitties love pretty much any kind of food you will give her. I think the oddest thing she has ever eaten was a jelly bean ! LOL
    Fairegirl33

Answer by Fairegirl33 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We used to have a dog (we moved now he is staying at a friend's house since we can't have pets) he LOVES veggies. Broccoli is his favorite.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 4:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Dogs like apples and such. An apple is a treat for our Golden Retriever. My SIL fed her chickens fruit peels and scraps...she didn't know if you do, they won't lay eggs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2011