2miscarriages before 13 weeks

I have been on here for a little while now and although we have gotten pregnant twice in 8 months, both pregnancies ended early on. We were told that both babies miscarried due to chromosomal abnormalities.
Now that we have had 2 miscarriages, are there some tests that I could request to have done to rule out any other underlying causes?
I know to ask about my Progesterone levels before and during early pregnancy as well as my blood clotting factors.
Anything else you would recommend I ask about?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont know much about your problem and how old are you, but i will ask all kinds of question to the Gyn. You need to ask about your condition so you will get familiar with that and the best way to treat it. Then whats the best thing you can do before you get pregnant and what will you have to do during the pregnancy. Wish you luck
    yari79

Answer by yari79 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am 36 which is on the older side for sure but the doc in Emerg told us not to worry about that as we are both healthy and should be able to go on to have a healthy baby, it was just 2 unfortunate situations where the babies had some sort of chromosomal issues that we couldn't do anything about. I sure hope so.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think there is some genetic testing that you can do in advance of getting pregnant. I think it can at least identify if there are things to be aware of, and then maybe there are precautions or things you can do about it. Again, not 100% sure, but might be worth looking into.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 3:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011