playtex tampons? maybe a little TMI adult content

I never used them before. I always used Tampax or Kotex tampons. I bougth the Playtex Gentle Gilde cuz I had a $2 coupon and it came with a cute purse and they were on sale. is it just me or did I get a bad batch? They are not staying in place, every time I cough or sneeze it moves and its actually very uncomfortable. I got super...that is what I get with the other brands, but I am amazed at how aware I am that it is there and how uncomfortable it is. Anyone else experience this?Should I call the company? Maybe TMI but when I take it out it has definately absorbed, but it is still rock hard, not soft like the other brands

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 2:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Health

• I. Know what your talking about. The tampons stay stiff as a board. I actually find kited does the same thing For me. I love the Tampax Pearl brand. I've gone cheap and got cardboard applicator, but man those are a pain in the butt! They don't seem to come out of the applicator very good and sometimes not at all!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I hate playtex for that simple reason. I get the regular size and it does that to me too, very uncomfortable. I've always used Tampax and will continue to.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• thats the reason i dont use this brand. i use kotex
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 2:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't use them, I use Kotex. They work best for me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I use Kotex or Tampax if I go name brand. I currently have the CVS brand and have no complaints.
    Anonymous

• I will only use Playtex... Isn't it funny how each person has a different perception of what is comfortable. All the things you describe are the exact same reasons I don't use the other brands.
    I always make sure to push the tampon up high, the higher it is the less I feel it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thanks for the input. I have never bought them before because the were too expensive. Not a happy camper right now because we are housebound due to ice and they are all I have. To the Playtex user..do you think I got a bad batch? Should I call the company? Should I mail the rest to you? lol!!
    shivasgirl

Comment by shivasgirl (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't think you got a bad batch. You should try tipping the applicator toward your back when you insert them and make sure it is in as far as it will go. Sometimes they are uncomfortable for me too if I don't get them in high enough.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I prefer kotex tomplaytex but i will use them if they are on sale. I don't like the applicator. I have never noticed any of the things you mentioned unless I am using the wrong size for my flow.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I went and got some Kotex and it was much better. .i gave the Playtex to my best friend.She said that she would let me know if they were messed up. Thank you to all who answered
    shivasgirl

Comment by shivasgirl (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2011