Barbie/Princess cake?

My daughter is turning 5 in Feb, and she wants a Disney Princess Party. Have any of you made a barbie cake? The kind, where you put the barbie *or in this case, a princess doll, in the top...and then the cake part is supposed to be the dress? I know Pampered Chef has this large mixing bowl, the one with the handle..and the lid...and you can bake it it. I was told that was good to use for this type of cake. Tell me your thoughts, if you've used this method before. Thanks!!

LoveMyKids0203

Asked by LoveMyKids0203 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i think that using a bunt cake mold would work.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 2:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My mom used to own a bakery and made those cakes. Sho would use 2 8inch layers and a cupcake on top, stick the doll thru the cupcake and the cakes and taper up with lots of frosting
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The Pampered Chef mixing bowl works better than the bundt because it holds the barbie tighter. My friend made her daughter's cake this way and it was gorgeous.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• There is a special pan that makes the dress of the cake and then you stich the plastic doll body into the cake to complete the doll cake. I think Wilton has cake pans in the shape of barbie if you want some other options for Barbie cakes. You may want to look on their site for some ideas.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011