Leaking amniotic fluid?

I'm not asking about myself no, I was just wondering when the time comes, how will I know? Will I just be 'extra wet' [tmi!] or will it actually be in my underwear? Note: I'm a first time mom, so I'm curious.

Can you leak with a closed cervix?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can leak but not likely. If your water does break on it's own it will be a huge gush and then you will just keep leaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You can leak if you have had a tummy trama, but its very rare,

If your leaking, you could feel a trickle *constant trickle* or,....it might just be a small amount at a time your underoos will be a lil damp!

You can leak with a closed cervix yes,
    Just like when i had my AMNIO, they told me, that if i were to leak ....it would be a small amount and be changing underwear every 15-30 minutes, and i would have to call asap, even though my cervix was closed,

so yes..you can...

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've had two babies and it has happened both ways.

the first I had a slow leak and ultimately the doc broke the bag all the way at the hospital...If that happens they will want to induce to cut the risk of infection.

the second , all I can say is thank God I was in the shower when it happened. It was a gusher! lol
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no you will not know your water break, but you well feel like your peeing.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you will know when it does i did it feels like you have to go to the bathroom really bad then if you move you may gush and if not it will feel like your peeing and cant stop mine was a gush that never stop
    mommysangles08

Answer by mommysangles08 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008