I don't know what to expect or feel for.

I am 34 weeks prego. This is my first baby. I am just curious as to what to expect when contractions do start. What the pain is like or maybe similar too. What are some signs or symptoms. I am scared and nervous.

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 11:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• contractions, to me, just feel like a tummy ache or period cramps...where your stomach is getting tight with light pain...then the pain will get a little stronger and closer together. mine started out every 8 minutes with just light discomfort and 2 hours later they were about 4 minutes apart and felt like period cramps.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Unfortunately no one can tell you what your contractions are going to feel like. Every woman is different. As a doula, I find that the more answers you get to questions like that, the more frustrated it can make you as a new mom and you approach your due date. Try to relax and not worry about it. I can tell you that it isn't quite a walk in the park by any means, but, it's manaegable if you stay calm and focused. Don't let fear ruin a beautiful thing. Women have been having babies since time began, and it was never so bad that they stopped having them. :) lol
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There are Differant stages ...Most get them confused with the real deal ;o)
    Earlie labor.... often feels like the Braxton-Hicks or false labor contractions you may already be having--a balling up or tightening ...across your lower abdomen or lower back..........this is okay

But you will really know when your having the real thing because it hurts more so...lasts longer and your WHOLE tummy gets tight....you might get the poo's but...sometimes that doesnt happen,

And they relax between minutes apart, so you can have one like 10 minutes apart that is just EARLIE labor eventually they get closer...to sometimes 4-5 minutes apart...thats when you need to go to the Hospital,

You can although have a painless labor, Which you can just feel it tight and then you might feel a little pain...i had this with my first daughter,.for 2 days..but then again....they did start hurting like hell...
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• cramps, throwing up,tighten stomach,baby moving around to much when you reach to 9 month almost your pregnancy. horrible, but you can do it. congrats! i hate giving birth, but after when you see your baby is out... that's tha precious then ever. it would bring out a smile and cry.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 12:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• When I had Karmen I was unsure and went in so many times. When I finally started getting my contractions it felt like a really bad stomach ache and I could feel it elevating or getting worse and than it would all of a sudden get worse. Trust me you will def. know! : )
    MamaG325

Answer by MamaG325 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i wasn't sure with any of my kids! you'll just know!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008