MRI of the pelvis & ultra sound on kidneys for a 4 yr old.. anyone experience either?

just curious how these two tests will go..anyone ever had a child who has done either?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ultrasound is painless and u can probably be in the same room with her during the test. The MRI nobody else can be in the room but they have a microphone that they will talk to her with. This test is also painless.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My five year old has been on now 4th antibatic and have had all sorts of test done. Ultrasound will go easy just will wave a wand over her stomach to see how things are looking so she will just lay there so very easy to do. Mris is okay she will just lay there as well but if not then they will give her something to calm her down. just get her to relax and maybe take a special animal along to help. Then at our hospitals they give the kids special animals or stickers if good. Keep me informed cause sounds like we might have something in common. I will look forward to hearing from you. My girl has had a lot of work done so might be able to help with other tests.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes my son had to have MRI's done yearly, he still does but he is a adult. It is painless very loud ask for the ear plugs. You can sit in the room with your child and read a book, it is cold they can give you a blanket. They will give a iv sedation so she will sleep for the most part and not move. Ask if they are being done at the same time? and how long for each test 2 20 each you might want to consider have them both done at the same time.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2011