If you and your husband /SO fight, how often do u and to what about? adult content

My husband is frustrated with me because he thinks I dont show him enough affection...I cuddle with him we have sex 2-3 times a week we hug and kiss ect....It is like the min I am not showing him affection he freaks and I ask him what the problem is and he says you dont show me any affection! I started crying because I was sooo pissed off and he says that I show our 2 girls too much attention! FML

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 2:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, you show your 2 girls too much attention...??
    My DH don't fight more than 3-4 times a year and its usually parenting issues / we are trying to get on the same page raising our 3 year old but it gets tough sometimes./
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He sounds like hewants ALL the attention tell him there is enough love to go around he needs to stop being selfish and grow up alittle...silly man. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• After 38 years our fights have dwindle down to nothing these days but when we do is usually about our grown kids.

Answer by older at 2:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my hubs and I have been married 19 yrs, and when we fight- - which is every once in a while- it is usually about stupid, piddly non-important stuff.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We rarely fight, but if we do it's usually about his overbearing mother.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We very rarely fight .. After 25 years of marriage, we have reached a point where fighting just doesn't really happen. We've worked out all the issues that we would fight about when we were younger, and when issues come up now we do not fight because we have learned how to handle issues together without the fighting.

In regards to what you shared about you /your husband. One, (in my opinion) you can never show your children too much affection :-)

Second. This is just a thought that I am sharing. I'm not saying that this is what is happening here. It's just a different perspective. Maybe in your husband's eyes you aren't showing him affection because. You aren't doing things, displaying actions that **he** feels/views/interprets as affection. You maybe doing things that **you** feel show those things, but that may not be how he interprets them. Have you flat out asked him "What do you view as me showing you affection?"
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yeah and he says how I used to be... I cant fuck him on the couch or give him a BJ whenever we have a 4 year old and 1 year old walking around the house all day
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Is he jealous or what?? Wow. We fight, but we bicker more. Lots. About lots of things. But we make up. About what? Well, yesterday it was because he was being an asshole, and he knows it. He had too much sleep, and way too much coffee. We were looking at houses, and apparently I couldn't navigate good enough. What set him off was I was getting us someplace faster, and with less traffic. BUT in a different direction then HE wanted to go. After that all hell broke loose. Mostly, we have strong personalities, and it's a power struggle.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• we rarely fight anymore and when we do its more of just a disagreement. not a full on fight but its usually over the kids (2 toddlers and a newborn) or money (or lack thereof)...
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 4:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We don't argue very much at all. We have learned to discuss our problems and talk it out rather than argue for days about it. We prefer to be happy now. We would rather laugh and have a good time together. Compromise is key now.
    Used to we argued CONSTANTLY.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 5:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011