When do you tell?

When do you tell your family and friends you are pregnant?

DMcC

Asked by DMcC at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We told our family and very close friends as soon as we found out. That was great the first time we got pregnant, but our last pregnancy miscarried. If I am fortunate enough to get pregnant again, we will wait until week 13.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 2:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• After the first trimester when the threat of miscarriage is less. Sounds morbid but it's how we did it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 2:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Personal choice. Think of it in terms of who would you want to have to tell if you had a miscarriage. We only told our parents when we first found out and then at 12 weeks, told everyone else. With our second we told our parents and siblings and then at 12 weeks told friends and extended family.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• id wait till at least around 12 weeks
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I told everyone at 10 weeks because that's when I found out, but I'm not sure when I'd tell everyone if I had found out earlier. A lot of women like to wait until 12 weeks because that's when the chance of miscarriage drops significantly.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011