Is it normal for mohter to Favor her DD

Is it normal for a mohter to throw a bigger celebration for her DD's wedding, graduations, and other accomplishments throughout her life. And never have any celebrations for her sons accomplishments in his life?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Not normal at all, and it is totally unfair.

Answer by older at 3:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It is unfair. But I know mom's who do this. One in particular outright told me she loves her daughter just a tiny bit more. She said there's just something special about her. I was floored!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• that is a horrible thing to say about your children. But I guess it is how some ppl are about their kids.
    Aries46845

Comment by Aries46845 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• not normal at all, and I know people who do this and it is so sad, I also know a couple of different people that don't have girls they only have boys and all they talk about is a having a girl and how their girl this and their girl that, Geez kids are kids shouldn't matter girl or boy.
    mommy2onekid

Answer by mommy2onekid at 3:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• So unfair. I have friends who had 2 girls and one boy. The girls were made a huge deal of and the boy was not. The girls went to college and the boy did not. Parents didn't care if he did or not. Very sad.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Bizarre, wrong and just plain mean!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't think so. Things should be celebrated equally.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• its so wrong and pisses me off, my MIL puts my husband on a pedastol; shes even told me "Rob has a special place in my heart, different from the other kids." shes so proud of him, one time she went off about how proud she was of him when he took his sister to work! whoopty doo he can drive
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011