Why answer questions that don't apply to you?

I know this is a Q&A forum and anybody is allowed to respond, and it doesn't bother me really, I just find it entertaining when someone asks a question like "What's your favorite food from McDonald's?" and there is always someone that replies "I don't eat McDonald's" lol. Then why bother to waste a minute even answering? Just curious is all...I personally tend to skip questions that don't apply to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Me too! Now you are going to get smart ass answers on this question, mark my words:) People are always trying to be funny around here.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• To get the points. If they bothered to open the question, they want the 2 points.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I get a kick out of people who do not like christians and respond in the religious beliefs area. Not the religion debate area but the religion beliefs area.
    Anonymous

• I skip them too. I don't think it's fair when someone asks a legitimate question and someone responds with something other than an answer to the question. You kind of get excited when someone posts an answer to your question, and you're eager to hear what advice they have for you and if it turns out it's someone not answering your question, being rude or nasty or whatever, you get a bit disappointed.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• People don't have to like Christians to respond in religious beliefs. There are other beliefs out there. I am Christian, but your comment makes it seem like the only religious belief is Christian. While I wish it were true, it is not.

OP, yes, it is annoying. But yes, they want the points, or they want to be controversial because they are lonely and seeking attention or gratification.
    Anonymous

• Anon I did not mean it that way. I meant that if you are really against religion, any religion, then why even go in that section. It seems as though a lot of people go in there just to be rude.
    Anonymous

• Right?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Because sometimes there aren't enough good questions to answer and they can answer those to get points
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I skip them also.... :P
    Fairegirl33

Answer by Fairegirl33 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• same here
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011