Did you join a "SORORITY" when you where in college?

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes - TriSigma. I made tons of great friends that I still keep up with! I will strongly encourage my kids to join sororities/fraternities while in college.

Answer by missanc at 3:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I went to a tech school so no, but if I wouldve went to a four year college I would have.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No, but I wish I did. Most of the kids who were in Sororities found better jobs faster because they had more references when looking for jobs.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I started to, but quit pretty fast after I found out it would be 11 weeks of torture and hazing. I took my grades too seriously to continue being abused by a bunch of b*tches. If I had gone to a college where pledging had only been for a week, or it wasn't so intense and cruel, but rather fun and fulfilling, then I would have done it. But unfortunately I went to a school where the "Greeks" thought they were the end all be all of existence and could do anything they wanted - that is until 2 years later "my sorority" lost it's charter for almost killing a girl with alcohol poisoning and leaving her in a ditch to find her way home. Sororities can be really effed up, sometimes as bad as the worst fraternities.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 3:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Oh yeah, and I never had any problems finding jobs, or making friends.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 3:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I joined a coed frat. Kappa kappa psi
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Nope. Never felt the need and don't regret that I didn't. I got a pretty good job anyway.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No, was not interested in it. And I urged my son not to join a frat after hearing about tremendous hazing that was popular when he went even though my DH was in a frat.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011