How Do I Get An A.D.H.D Child To Sleep At Night?

I Have A 4 Yr Old She Has A.D.H.D And she will stay up til 4am an still wanna play seems shes never tired and her sister thinks she can do it to and shes 3 yrs old? I Was Just Wondering If Any Moms Out There Have The Same Problem Id Like To Know Any Suggestions On How I Can Get Her To Sleep Earlier I Greatly Appreciate It Very Much-Jessica-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I gave my son melatonin, but he was much older. It worked wonders though. Talk to your doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. My son is on THREE sleep meds that still don't work and we have to have him seen monthly to try to fix this. It's a LONG battle but worth it once we find the right treatment.

I also had success with hypnotherapy.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 3:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You hve o take him to the psychiatrist and tell them his behaviors and his challanges with going to bed
    Lgill.Laura

Answer by Lgill.Laura at 3:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• In whatever way you enforce rules in your house you need to tell her that she HAS to stay in bed and be quiet. Explain to her that that is what happens at night. Even if she doesn't want to go to sleep she has to stay in bed and be quiet. Give her some mind games to run through at night. Make it an exercise. Give her a riddle before bed and tell her that she can only tell you the answer in the morning.

Also my mom gave me benadryl when I refused to sleep. Worked like a charm
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thanks Everyone I've Talked To Her Doctor And They Say They Cant Do Much Til Shes 6 And I haven't enrolled Her In School until this year but the way she is I hope She Will Be Good For Them....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Melatonin is a good choice. Also, although my son is not ADHD, he has trouble going to bed every night, sometimes on a really rough night, my husband or I will sit with him until he falls asleep (rub his back or hair or something). It helps him calm down so he can fall asleep.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I Know The Doc Told Me To Use Childerns Benadryl But Im Scared To Shes Been On Meds Sence She Was 4yrs Old For Her Kidneys Shes Died On Me A Few Times An She Still Has Be On And Off Her Meds Stinks.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 4 Months Old I Ment To Say
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Best thing to NOT do is look for medication. If she already has kidney issues and still has ADHD then its best to just work with how she works.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ?? a four month old has adhd??? what???
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011