What was your luck with getting your Membranes Stripped?

What happened right after you got it done and if it worked for you how long after did you go into labor and deliver? Thanks :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It didn't work for me and hurt like hell.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Did not work for me either, and then I ended up with an infection so for me personally, it wasn't worth it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am a doula. I don't know anyone whom this has actually worked for, and I know several people who've gotten infections.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had it done with my first and it worked within 24 hours. That is interesting that you don't know anyone that it worked for....cause I don't know anyone that it Didn't work for. Strange
    nat1387

Comment by nat1387 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had it done twice, the first time I had a little bleeding and a little cramping but nothing, the next week my midwife did it again and the same thing, I didnt deliver for another week. so for me nothing happened
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It HURT.... and both times I went into labor with in 24 hours.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• it was unsuccessful for me, but i did not get an infection nor did the procedure feel painful to me. it just failed to serve it's purpose.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had it done with my DD. My OB did it one week, and nothing but pain and blood, and false hope. He did it again the next week, and I had her 48 hrs later, she was also late, so I have no idea if the second stipping had anything to do with it
    monkiesbugs

Answer by monkiesbugs at 3:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had it done twice didnt work either time..just hurt and made me spot a little.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Didn't work for me. My doctor did it more than once and I had no contractions and still had to be induced at 41 weeks.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011