If you have depression....

Have you found that cognitive therapy is beneficial?? How have you found it helpful? I really wanna know your thoughts, they are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes, def. But medication and therapy work best together, especially for major depression. I found therapy helpful in that a good therapist will guide you towards better ways to cope with your life, whether it be your thoughts or actions or both. But it has to be a GOOD therapist, someone empathetic and caring and who you feel comfortable with.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 4:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i've never attended therapy regularly, but i have a psychology/social work dual degree and am a trained therapist and i have found the skills i learned to very helpful in dealing with my depression. i recently started medication and it has made a huge improvement too...but i had to try 3 different meds before i found one that worked well without unbearable side effects.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my hubby has been depressed for years and refuses to go to therapy, but i have done a lot of reading and have been able to learn different coping strategies and have slowly taught him some and they seem to be working! i also know that if i stay positive and not yell and get upset with that it helps him as well! he just switched his meds and they are making a big difference! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011