Hmmmm my IUD fell out?????? Help

So I have had the mirena for a little of 9 months and it fell out a week and a half go. I have done nothing different then the last 9 months so why now? My dr couldn't get me in until this Wednesday. Any help or ideas?

Strangemama28

Asked by Strangemama28 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes they just fall out. Make sure to use a condom if you are having sex.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If you don't want any children I suggest you abstain from sex until they put it back on. I removed my IUD and it took two weeks for me to get pregnant!

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am unable to use condoms from a really bad allergy and my husband knows not to touch me cause I get pregnant super easy. But we were together before I knew it came out.
    Strangemama28

Comment by Strangemama28 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well, there's really not much you can do now but hope that you didn't get pregnant while the IUD was working its way out. I did a lot of research on IUDS in school actually and they seem to me to be more trouble than they are worth. I'd suggest getting on the pill, or the shot and if you are concerned about the chances of pregnancy still happening with either of those, could you try a latex-free condom? There are the naturalamb condoms..perfect for married couples as they do not protect against STDS but will prevent pregnancy. Talk to your doctor when you get in and see what he/she says about what you can do to double up on protection if you are concerned. As for right now....just take a deep breath, there's nothing you can do if you've already gotten pregnant from the IUD being out of place or coming out....just wait and see what happens when you get to the doctor and go from there. Good luck!
    menko21

Answer by menko21 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thanks menko21. All I can say is that I'm a issued person!! I have 5 children and the IUD was the only way we could go. I have a pill baby and cervical cap baby. My husband can not have a snip snip job because his chances of infection which could cause him to never preform again. I am supposed to have a partial hysterectomy but we can't afford it right now so we see no sense on spending the money to have my tubes tide. I can't do hormones but was able to do the mirena cause it's so little and I haven't found latex free condoms!! The best thing for me to do at this point is to keep going without. :'~( I wish the dr office would have seen how the needed to happen sooner so I can get things figured out. This should not have fallen out. I had really bad cramping 3 days after it came out and a little bleeding but that was for only a few hours.
    Strangemama28

Comment by Strangemama28 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Not quite certain what you mean by your husband is unable to have a "snip job" because his chances of infection could cause him to never perform again.." as a nurse who has assisted on a LOT of vasectomies (snip-jobs),I have yet to see any man come back to us with an infection.The vas deferens,a tiny tube in the testicles,is snipped and cauterized shut.Nothing at all done to the penis,and if done in surgical sterile conditions,really no cause for worries about infections.The incision is about 1/4 of an inch,really tiny,and recovery time is fast! maybe you could get a doctor's opinion;I suspect somebody is giving you untrue reasons/excuses as to why he shouldnt have a vasectomy.Good luck to you!
    bubblebather

Answer by bubblebather at 4:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My husband is a severe diabetic and we have already gone to a Dr. about him having a vasectomy. Again it would be a waste of money because of the hysterectomy I am supposed to have. Thank you all!! It's nice to have somewhere to go with these questions.
    Strangemama28

Comment by Strangemama28 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm not so sure but I'll bump for you!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011