Question about Doctor App!

I found out I was pregnant 3 days ago and I am 5 weeks! I can't get in to see the Doc until Dec 3rd is that normal to wait that long or should I look for a new Doc?

I can buy prenatles at Walmart I was just wondering because I will be 9 weeks when I see a nurse not even the Doctor! I wont get to see the Doc until January!!!!!!!

So agin should I go look for a new Doctor or stay with the one I had deliver my other two?

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yep, that's normal. nothing they can do really other than check your urine and other stats.

you can't even hear the heart beat on the doppler until about 12 weeks, that's what the doc will do in Jan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You'll be fine. All they are going to say is "Yep, your pregnant"

with my 2nd I didn't even go till I was something like 3 months. They aren't going to change your status.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It's normal. Don't stress! :) Oh, and CONGRATS!!! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 11:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yep! I had to wait six weeks after finding out. I also went and bought prenatals over the counter until I could get in. Hang in there.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You can call the doctor, and ask them to order you some prenatals, congrats hon...

I would stick with what your comfortable with, If you let this other doctor deliver your other two babies than i would just stick with him,

I had to wait as well for a little bit, before going to the doctor, and yes all they say is, * Your prego*
    Which you have known for around 2 months now, hahaha so it seems like a waste,
    but alas, they will tell you when the dd will be and they will start you out with the diet speaclist, in the office ...telling you how to eat healthy,

If you have any Discharge thats not a normal color * green* yellow* cloudy white* give them a call,

And of course any spotting now, you give them a call, If you get a fever. let them know if it goes above 100.00

Im sure everything will be fine,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It sounds like your doctor is very busy...although your first appointment will confirm pregnancy and maybe an ultra sound, you might consider in the future that your doctor may be to busy to fullfill your needs. My doctor has a busy practice too but I have never had to wait over a week to be seen. I hope this information helps you out...good luck and god bless!
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well mine is like that i see the nurse, but not the doctor until when I'm almost 6 or 7 months. yeah doctor appointment are very long. when i knew that i was pregnant and i called in and it was last month of august and i had to go see them on the Oct. middle week. it takes the doctor forever just too see you.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 12:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• 1- i had to wait a month...
    2-your first visit they will ask you questions...so its going to be VERY boring
    then after another month theyll check up on ya and by the time you hit 10 weeks theyll try to hear the heart beat! :]

btw...if you want an ultra sound right now just because ur curious...go to the ER and say "im this many weeks pregnant and im having a lot of pain on my right side..what if its stuck in my fallopean tube?!"

they'll give you an ultra sound...that happened to me..and i didnt know why i felt pain..turns out the baby was located fine but it brought tears to my eyes seeing the baby :]
    Anonymous