Would you rather choose to live in a cheap house in a not so good area or pay more for the safety?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 4:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• we had a similar situation. we lived in a house w/ decent rent but the area was really bad. I told the landlords about us moving and they just so happened to have a house out in the country available within a couple of weeks. we took it. They charge us the same amt of rent and the neighborhood is great. but we pay more bills. no cell reception so we use a home phone and did the bundle deal w/ directv and internet thinking we'd save some money, we have to put more gas in our cars since it's a bit more of a drive. we were struggling for a while there which is what brought me to working pt at nights (I was a sahm). But is it worth it? Yeah. We love it out here. We might move again soon because we live in a mobile home. We miss real houses. higher ceilings, real walls, steady floors and nicer aesthetics. Unfortunately all the houses out here are either farms, large mansions or mobile homes. So we might go city limit-bound again
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• um pay more for saftey.... obviously
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• at this day and age we get what we get and we can make our house safe no matter the neighborhood.
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 9:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We are in the very situation now and we plan to pay more for the safety.
    Anonymous

• Pay more for safety.. Now try to convence my step Childs mother to do the same. She chooses cheap and dangerous places.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I pay more to live in a better area. One of the perks is that my kids attend an awesome school. The downside? My kids relize that we don't have as much money as many of our neibors. If we lived in a cheaper all their friends probably woulden't have so much more "stuff" than them.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 4:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i would pay for safety. but are we really safe any place though.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If you can afford it without living beyond your means, go for safety.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Pay more for safety - well worth the extra money.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• pay more for safety if able too
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 9:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011