submission

Are there any submissive christian wives out there?

nanny4two

Asked by nanny4two at 9:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• It is hard to be one. It is my ultimate goal, but its hard when I'm the spiritual leader.
    svdbygrace

Answer by svdbygrace at 9:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• :) I try!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• nope. It's a good thing as a sinner I'm saved by grace because I just can't do the submissive wife thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• no. my husband and i are both Christians but we have a more equal marriage. the only thing we do "old fashioned" is him working and me staying home to raise our kids. i wouldnt have it any other way right now.
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• wow...the submissive wife thing sounds like you have given up trying to be who you are and will just let someone else tell you what you think and how to go about things. I dated someone who tried to wedge me into that, and I tried, but found i got terribly depressed and ended up needing couselling. I think there needs to be give and take in a relationship, but ultimately no one is the "boss", because you will lose yourself in that way..and that is a huge loss.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 12:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Anything that takes you back to the dark ages is not for me. I believe in an equal marriage. Our world has evolved way too much for that behavior unless you live in a compound type environment where your daily lives are monitered and controlled.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I try.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well when I was married I tried to be that submissive wife. I'm not married right know but I'm engaged know after 8 years. But it all the Lord has taught me the dephts of what HE meant for a marriage should be. He gives the husbands their duties first on how they should love their wives and how the wives should treat their husband. Because of sin, somethings have gotten out of the way God intended for things to be. But only seeking and being led of God in order to do what is right unto HIM!! Cause we all is going to give in account of what we do!!! The bible tells us to do these things as we will do unto the Lord. It seems hard cause we are looking at the person not the spiritual side of things. That's why we should acknowledge God in everything!!! To do what is pleasing unto him!! For the word says If God is for you who can be against you!!!! Enough preaching lol!!
    jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• there is no way that i would be submissive to ANYONE
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2008