Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do about his prior abuse?

I have an autistic step son who cannot express himself. His mother is engaged to a man and I am friends with his ex wife.

He has beaten his ex wife while they were married in front of their children multiple times. Nothing was ever reported.

I worry that my step son is in danger. Is there anything legally that I can do?

Answer Question

Asked by girlneffy at 11:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 3 (27 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • Yes, you can call CPS. In Texas physical abuse in a domestic partnership in front of children is considered physical abuse and children can be removed due to it. I would definately call on it. I would imagine your state has something in place to protect children from this as well. GL

    Answer by karebearintx at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.