Why do people talk about god and jesus and religion so much?

I will probably regret posting this, but .... I just wanted to say, that sometimes I am so sick and tired of all this god-talk, that I just log out from CM. I know it's good people think and talk about it, but sometimes ... just sometimes I want to go "Uuuuuurrrhg!!!!!" It's not in the talk, it's WHAT YOU DO!!! Why do people have to NAME everything? Why do people need to EXPLAIN everything?" (Yes, to understand it, of course) But can't you just ... let it BE? And enjoy it?
I know ... if I don't like it, I should stay away .... and I do most of the time. Just needed to get this off my chest.
Ah, WTH, maybe I'm having a cranky moment right now. Yes, I'm tired and feel washed out and it's been a long day. So it's really getting to me ... but ... Anybody feel me? God-talk-wise?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because it is a slow news day? Talking religion and politics ALWAYS provokes a reaction ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I guess the best thing you can do is avoid the religious debate section and the religion and debate section. Nobody is forcing you to read it. I do get what you are saying, but I can also say just ignore it.
    Anonymous

• Its called PASSION! :-) When you are passionate about someone you want to share to the world how special that someone is and for me it is Jesus. You know this is a religious and belief section and you will see that more here. Perhaps if it bothers you so much don't enter this section. You do have that choice ya know?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• for the same reason the pc&e section is all about the crazy shooter right now. the same reason the beauty section is constantly concerning various styles, looks, procedures, purchases..of beauty products/services. its the section, hon. if you are tired of hearing about God (any god, or just the xtian God???hmm??), then stay away from the sections that include that subject.
    its really not that hard.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• LOL...sounds like you need a break. ;-) I get that way with the P&CE section. Sometimes I'm in the mood for it, and sometimes I'm not, but no one makes me go there each day. Some days I check it out, and other days I skip it if I'm not in the mood. This section and the debate section are entirely voluntary, and I find that most of the people in these sections ask very interesting questions, and I usually enjoy discussing the subject in this kind of atmosphere...NOT by random strangers at the grocery store or wherever pushing their ideas on me, but a place like this where people can share ideas and choose if they want to listen and contribute or not. There are few people who seem very condescending or hateful on occasion, but most people just seem like they like to learn. I just ignore the others if possible.

Hope your day gets better! :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I talk about God and Christ because I love them :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• *religion and beliefs section* sorry to repeat myself there
    Anonymous

• well I imagine the easy answer is to not come the religions/beliefs sections. As it states in the title, the things being discussed is religions and beliefs.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Because I am tired of talking about poop, pee, time-outs, no sleep, and why my boobs droop. :) I want to talk about adult things and this is fun in here.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I happen to like the questions and responses to them...
    I look forward to checking this section!

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011