People are trying to get me to get rid of my cat cuz i am pregnant...shes a baby idk what to do

Her name is Precious and i have been takin care of her since june i love her so much and i dont wanna get rid of her just becuz i am pregnant

ImHavingTwinz

Asked by ImHavingTwinz at 4:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pets

• There's no need to get rid of her. Why do they want you to get rid of her?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• So don't. Are you an adult? If so, tell everyone to mind their own damn business.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• many people worry about disease. cant remember what kind but I believe it's from the fecal wastes of Cats. Just have someone else change the litter or wear gloves. :)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Why get rid of her?? its a MYTH about cats smothering infants.. I kept BOTH Of my cats and my son is 3 and they more than anything just don't want anything to do with him.. don't get rid of your animal baby..!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Just have someone else change the litter and you will be just fine.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had a cat name Precious :( I miss her

The only thing you need to do is where gloves and a mask when you clean her box out or better yet have someone else do it and do it frequently. Cat won't harm you while you're pregnant.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Toxoplasmosis is carried by felines. It can transfer to you when you clean the litter box. it is harmful to the baby.

Just have someone else clean the litter box and you will be fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• no im 17 its my sister cuz my parents made her get rid of hers but i told her i aint you i dont abuse my animals
    ImHavingTwinz

Comment by ImHavingTwinz (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Do not get rid of her, just make sure you wear gloves when cleaning the littler box or have someone else clean it for you, this is where the dangerous bacteria is.

Answer by older at 4:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• And to add to my previous comment, there is absolutely NO need to get rid of a cat while pregnant. Some Doctors suggest not cleaning out their litter box, so either have someone else take over that duty, or make sure you wash your hands really good afterwards, which should be done pregnant or not.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011