SAHM is your Dh jealous?

I work at home and am lucky enough to be able to have breakfast with other SAHMs and enjoy playdates together. Some of my friends have gone back to work and only have weekends available now. Dh is all for us all hanging out as couples or familys but when I want to just spend time with the girls or the girls and our children he says he feels lonely. He thinks I should only do that stuff when he is at work. Some of my friends husbands are the same way. What is your and your DH viewpoint on free time?

hotrodlassie

Asked by hotrodlassie at 4:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do that stuff on his days off if he gets all hurt about it. Sounds like he'd rather you spend that time with him, or as a family. That's more important than any group of friends.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• DH is glad the the kids and i have friends... the busier I am with friends the happierr I seem to be
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He's jealous that I'm a SAHM. He'd like to no have to get up and go to PT. He's tired of the military. But, he would like for me to have friends. He thinks I need to get out with other women, have girl time. He thinks I'd be happier, and I probably would.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My DH would love if I had friends here. We moved to another state and I haven't managed to make close friends like I had back home. I'd probably do more visiting when he was at work like I used to if I had friends here. The only time I'd ever go out when he was home would be the occasional girl's night out. I just would rather be home when he is. He works long hours and I miss him.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Mine doesnt mind. He actually enjoys a quiet house so if I want to go out when hes home hes fine with that.

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I dont like to do stuff like that when my husband is home, I figure there is enough time while he is goine, its nice to spend that time with him while we have the chance to.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My husband doesn't mind at all. He likes having the house to all to himself sometimes...so do I
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I wait all week for my husband's days off and we only do things together as a family on those days. He works so much that that's the only time we really get as a family. He gets off late and I wait up for him...but that is really starting to run me down. Stay up late with him then wake up early with my daughter.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He actually prefers it this way. I love being at home taking care of the house and the kids and he loves being the bread winner and taking care of the family needs.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 5:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• we think we need are free time so we dont have any disscusion on that
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 6:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011