Shoes Too Big

Are there any tricks to make a too big pair of shoes not so big for a couple of months?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 5:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Haha! I'd put cotton in them-if it were me. No way that'd work for my DD though.
    She'd definitely pull it out, and play with it. I have no suggestions-but to wear them on
    he/she when they fit?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• thicker socks or 2 pairs of socks could make them slip less.
    nebcutie

Answer by nebcutie at 5:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No, that's no good for their feet at all!!. If you are waring a pair of too big shoes you ware them down in the wrong places, then once their feet grow into the shoes they are not fitting the child's feet right and the ware pattern is different.... not good for growing feet at all!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thanks for clarifying ;o). As an Athletic Trainer who deals with athletic injuries in middle and high school kids I would have to say it's still not a good idea due to the fact that tumbling, jumping and dancing in shoes that are to big definitely increase her chances of injury. If the heels slip, or the toes are to long she can trip... opening her up for ankle, wrist, even head, neck or knee injuries. If she is just standing and looking pretty then she's all set - you could try cutting a Dr. Scholls type insole to fit in the shoe, then use the extra and stick it in the back of the heel area to take up the slack.. Good Luck
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Okay, maybe I should clarify....these are not regular shoes she will wear. These are Cheer shoes that she would wear for 20 minutes once a week until May (minus the snow days we're sure to have this month and next). That little wear will do nothing negative to the development of her feet.
    AllAboutKeeley

Comment by AllAboutKeeley (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011