FOR the home party moms....

I'm somewhat new in my home business, and looking for different ideas on how to book more parties, I was busy up til Dec, now I'm stuck and don't have any parties planned. How do I go about getting more bookings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• When I was slow I would go to local schools and drop off fundraiser information. I would also contact churchs and other groups that do fundraiser. In my area we also have fairs and that sort of thing so I would do those and book parties that way. Lastly, if people said they might be interested in having a party call them now and see if they still are.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• What do you sell? Can you do online parties as well? Is it something you could tie into Valentine's day and promote that way?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You need to ask everyone you know to host a party, and ask them to refer you to everyone they know.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Call anyone who ordered during the parties you've had if they'd like to host, explain the current host specials to them. If you are on any local mom websites (like The Mommy Network or Moms like me) ask around there) and if you can find people who'd like to come but can't host....host your own party and try to book parties at the event.

You can also go to vistaprint.com and order postcards for free and create it as a flyer for finding hostesses, them put the postcards on bulletin boards in grocery stores, libraries, laundrymats, coffee shops and such. You can order other things for free from there as well such as lawn signs, t-shirts and such as well not only advertising that you sell but "Hostesses wanted" as well.

You can purchase car window decals on ebay advertising and again stating "Hostesses Wanted"

Buy a photo tote OR a Mary Kay catalog tote (i've used these for many things and I don't sell Mary Kay).....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• With the photo tote put a catalog in there or create a flyer and print it out saying "I sell _______! Ask me for a FREE brochure & sample! Hostesses Wanted!"

You can even get flyers printed out or get more free postcards and go door to door with them....just do not leave in, on or touching any part of a mailbox (post included)...without postage paid, it's illegal. But you can stick them on doors or even buy clear brochure bags with door handle holes on top to stick your flyer or post card ad in.

Join your local chamber of commerce and go to networking events!

Go to websites of other ladies who sell with other companies that don't directly compete with yours and look into creating "Mom coupon" packs that you can all take part in and distribute....you can also take turns hosting for each other OR you can all get together and have a mini vendor fair/event.

Do craft shows & flea markets for selling and hostess finding!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my friend does premier jewelry and one of the things she does that is so fun is hands out these little tote bags and asks people if they want to "shop or drop" and if they book a party for their home that night than they get a % off of jewelry and they get the free tote bag.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 8:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011