MRI

I took my son to a specialist today to see what i should do next. He was having issues with not wanting to eat anything, but within the last 3 weeks has started eating more foods. He is breastfed and is 8months old. He is less than the 3rd percentile in his weight, but was in the 90th percentile in his head circ. The doctor suggested we get an MRI on him to make sure he doesnt have water around his brain. He has some development delays and with that and the head measurement the doc wants to rule that out. I dont know if im real comfortable about getting him an MRI so i am going to talk it over with his PCP on Wednesday when he has his wellness checkup. I was just wondering what you would do and how you would feel about this situation. I will get the MRI done if his PCP thinks it is necessary, but i still am understandable nerveous about it. Thanks for reading.

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little one had an MRI done when she was a bit younger. It was scary for me, but it's good for me to know that everything is ok, & now they have a reference picture in case anything ever goes wrong. They had us not give her anything after midnight the night before, & when we got there they mixed the stuff to put her to sleep into her bottle. The worst side effect was that she had a sore throat for a few days afterwards, & waiting for it to be finished was hard. Hugs, doll! Feel free to PM me about more details if you like.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well, my son had an MRI done when he was only about a month old. I was a nervous wreck because they had to put him to sleep for it. We did get to stay with him when they put him to sleep and as soon as he was out they took him back for the test and once he was done we got to go in the room with him. I don't think something like this is ever easy, but it was something that had to be done to make sure everything was okay. I think it was much better knowing they having to worry. Just like the mom said above...if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
    MomToLilAngel

Answer by MomToLilAngel at 9:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011