Mature Christians - How do you feel with people

that are purposely working AGAINST the Kingdom of God. I have had many people rise up against me especially when I became a new believer (my own family). I has determined NOT TO let anyone separate me from my GOD ever again. It's hard, you try to reach them in a loving way first, but after a while it seems pointless because their attacks continue on your faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you have to remember you plant the seed God helps them grow in his time. All you can do is pray for them and yourself ( so you dont get discuraged) We want instant answers and God will do things in his own time and sometimes it takes years and years Good luck :D
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sorry i forgot... you are there example so be a good one and God can use that to draw them closer to him.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• All you can do is pray about it and pray that God opens their eyes hes the only one that can do it we can't. Like whitenena said you can only plant that seed. I also have in laws that aren't saved and a husband that isn't saved and I have to continually pray about that and I have other people praying for their salvation but its not in my control. I can only be a good testamony to them and hopefully they will see Christ in me. You will take persecution for it but keep pressing on and lean on Christ for strength.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• They will always be there. Satan is always going to use someone or something to get to the person who is being obedient to God. Its his way. The Word says he comes to steal, kill and destroy, hes a liar and the father of it. If you are determined to keep your eyes fixed on God, then do it. Remember to surround yourself with people of like mind as much as you can and when you can't, then pray up so that you wont be swayed to go their way. I try really hard to give as much practicality as I can without getting to preachy or sounding cliche, but this is the Truth.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• IMO this is part of what builds your faith. you have people all around you who discourage you or try to sway you from being obedient to the will of God in your life. but when you ARE obedient anyway, when you stay faithful to God, He in turn shows His faithfulness to you. and that builds your faith. to see Him to always be in control and to do what is best for you in your life. of course there are times we are not obedient, but thats where the gift of grace comes in. if we repent, seek His face to help us stay on course, He will still be faithful to us when we sometimes are not. i agree with momofsaee-this is the enemy's game plan. remember you dont fight against flesh, but against spirits and principalites. and you have the authority over the enemy to prevail. dont EVER forget that.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• 98% of my family (immediate and extended) are not believers in Christ. It's a lonely feeling sometimes and I've heard plenty about my life. I'm not successful nor is my husband because we want to be involved in full-time ministry and that's not a "real job". My Dad was constantly told that when he was a pastor. It's a hard thing to hear and it's even harder to know that they really just don't care about my life. I've tried talking to them, tried witnessing to them only to get severely shut down. My solution now? Live it. Be Jesus in my actions. I stop my voice and focus on my behaviors and choices. Don't get sucked into the battle but fight against it quietly. Our biggest defense against the enemy is NOT our words but our actions.

Continue to love them and continue to live your life for God. Let God soften their hearts and convict them. Let them see a difference in you. Don't let Satan get a foothold.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You just have to continue to BE the best example you can be. IF those around you are not open to your journey, then simply bless and release. Leave it to God. Sometimes it is simply through your example of "living as Jesus" that you bring people back to God. Surround yourself with the White Light of the Holy Spirit EVERY DAY for protection and try not to get sucked into their "negativity". It's surprising to me how many people I feel I "send my Light" to, without even speaking God to them at all. Sometimes your love and light is spread by simply being you. God bless!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• How do I feel about people purposefully working against the Kingdom of God? I expect it so it doesn't rattle me. I take it for what it is. I always remeber the scripture, "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities." I always remember that people can be used by evil no matter who it is, even and especially those closest to you. I don't war with the person but with the spirit who is doing the manipulating in prayer. You have to remember that just because you have found God and love Him doesn't mean that your loved ones will immediately. You have to continue to give them proof through your actions concerning the love and goodness of God through your actions. Try not to preach to them, it only makes them want to be around you less, but minister to them in deed as Jesus did. By all means, don't write them off. You have an opportunity unique to you to love these people to Christ.
    luvnunity

Answer by luvnunity at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Put God first in ALL you do and let Him do the rest. Jesus first in your life everyday Jesus first in your life come what may...There are times we just have to take this to Him in prayer.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• always pray with thanksgiving, be extra careful not to stumble or sin many eyes are upon you, set the example, and plant the seeds!
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 5:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2008