Caesarean

I'm scheduled to have one on Friday and I'm a little nervous. My little one is breech and wouldn't move when the doctors tried moving her, instead she decided to move further into my ribs. So she will be coming a about a week early. This is my first pregnancy and this is not really how I wanted to have my first birth. But I guess its what is meant to be.

Is there anything I should be worried about? How long after the caesarean will I be in the hospital for? I know my doctor will tell me all these things before I have it but I felt it better to get some advice from some moms who have had one before. Also if I do plan to have more kids will I have to keep having them this way?

Thank you.

Thank you again. You all have be very helpful. I now know what I should ask my doctor. I usually just go in for the check up and don't have anything to ask. But now I do.

I guess I just got overwhelmed since this is my first pregnancy and I didn't really plan to have her this way, but its for our own safety =) so I guess its a good thing. Plus I was worried about having her at school or something. So in a way it works out.

Thank you again! smile mini

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 5:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was also breech and I had a c. I had a great experience. 4 days in the hospital and we came out nursing like pros. Enjoy it and relax. When you get home no one will bring you breakfast in bed!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i had 2 c sections. the first because son was transverse breech. and i was in the hospital for 3 days total had son on march 15th and went home march 17
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I agree with what mompam said. You will do great, and you'll be too excited over your little one to worry about anything else. Best wishes for you and your precious little girl!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 3 nights in the hospital is standard after a C-section, though some will let you go home early if you're doing well and you want to. Um...while you're anesthetized from the waist down it will feel like you're tilted on the operating table (even though you're not), and you'll probably feel like you're going to fall when they transfer you back to your bed, but you won't, I promise. :) It will be hell to get up and around at first, but you'll feel better the more you walk (as contradictory as that sounds), just don't overdo it. And be sure to get pads, because you'll still have post-partum bleeding after a C-section, same as after a vaginal delivery.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Depending on how everything goes, 3-5 days in the hospital. Make sure you get up and start walking around as soon as your comfortable to do so to prevent blood clots in your legs. Take it easy of course, don't over do it and especially when you're on pain meds because they will dull the pain but if you over do it, you'll feel it later! Good luck, I'm a 2 time c-section mommy myself so I know how you feel.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• And you don't have to have future kids by C-section. Vaginal birth after Cesarean (VBAC) is pretty common; I had one with my second. The biggest concern you're going to have, if that's something you want, is the type of incision you get. It may be difficult to find a doctor hospital to do a VBAC anyway, depending on where you live, but many won't touch it if you have a classical incision (up-and-down) instead of a low transverse (bikini cut to match the incision on the outside). That's something to discuss with the doctor who will be doing your surgery, especially since you're doing it because of a breech baby. Also go ahead and feel him/her out about a future VBAC, so you'll know where you stand with this doctor at least.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ive had 2 natural n 2 c-sections n id much rather have c-sections we were in the hospitial 3 days n went home the first c-section i had stapels they took my staples out the day i came home the more u walk the better u are .u will be a lil sore but after a few days u will be fine.the second c-section i had stitches n it was alot better i think.i had the bikiny cut to.i had pain med for the first day then i didnt want anymore even though they gave me a script for percocetes but im not a pill person.u wont be able to lift anything over 5 pounds other than the baby of course.for the first week or 2 u shouldnt climb stairs unless u absolutly have to.well good luck if u need to talk or have more ? send me a message.
    familyof6_2007

Answer by familyof6_2007 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011