How do I make potty training an easier experience for both of us

I have potty trained my 6, 5, 4 year olds with a battle around the age of 2 and a half. I am now starting with my son who will be 3 in May. Is there an easy way to do this. I also have an infant so I am pretty busy at home.

shelly4442

Asked by shelly4442 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't force the issue! Let him lead. Also, let him just be naked for 2-3 days. Of course, you'll need to be ready to clean up a couple of misses, but it's easier for littles.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Wait until communication is clear. Bladder control isn't everything. Take it slow. If they aren't ready there is no need to force it. Even if you do force it they will still not be done until they are ready but you will have put forth three times the effort!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Buy him a lot of character undies. Tell him "Tomorrow you will wear big boy underpants!!" Take 3 days to stay home and concentrate on potty training. Put him in underwear in the morning. Be very positive about it. Take him every 1/2 hour in the beginning. He'll have some accidents, don't get upset, just change him and keep going. By the end of the first day he'll get the hang of it. Day 2 will be much better. Day 3 he will be trained. Never go back to diapers except at night, that comes later. You can reward with m&ms if you want. Good luck. This really works!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Reward,Reward,Reward!! You can do it!
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011