What do you make for dinner when you don't want to cook and eating out isn't an option?

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 6:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I keep those frozen bag meals on hand. You can get pretty healthy ones, too. They usually have chicken or shrimp, pasta, and veggies and only take 10-15 minutes to cook.
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Soup!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Its only the 4 boys and i everynight since my husband works 7 days a week. Sometimes we just have cereal.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• spaghetti is my go to meal. Some night I will do breakfast for dinner if I don't want to actually cook. (eggs toast and fruit)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I pull something out of the freezer. I always double meals and put them in the freezer for that exact instance. Now if I don't have any frozen meals, I will make baked potato soup. It is easy and YUMMY!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yogurt and fresh fruit and vegetables
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If it's just me usually egg whites. If it's everyone ravioli's or tortellini's with meat sauce or something like that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Szechuan Peanut Pasta --takes as long as the pasta takes to cook.

a 10oz bag of shaped pasta (penne, rotini, bows)
    1/3 c real peanut butter (no shortening, no sugar)
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp rice wine or white wine vinegar
    up to 1 tsp dried hot pepper flakes
    2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    1/4 c or so of the hot water from the cooking pasta
    2 green onions, chopped
    1 tsp blended sesame oil

Cook the pasta. Meanwhile stir together everything except the chopped green onions and sesame oil, with enough of the water to make a thick sauce. Drain the pasta and toss immediately with the sauce, sprinkle with the sesame oil and onions and serve.

Sometimes we eat it with a salad, sometimes with mini carrots. Sometimes I toss in some frozen green peas while the pasta's still really hot.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I boil a box of pasta for however long it says too and then drain it and then pour a jar of pasta sauce over it and mix it and its an instant dinner and one of my favorite things to eat!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Breakfast for dinner, eggs, bacon, hash browns and juice.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011