how helpful is your hubby (SO) when you're sick?

does he do the dishes and help out with the kids when you're sick? I was really sick this past weekend and my husband did almost nothing to help. he even yelled a little at me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• He is a doll and does most of the stuff for me, and babies me a lot, I love it.

Answer by older at 6:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my husbands not much help but he does work nights and works 14 to 16 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week so hes tired and i understand. Stay at home mommy means dont get sick lol. He does try and help on his days off if im sick though. I will give him a little credit.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My husband is not sympathetic at all. Once when I was sick he told me I was not an invalid and to do things for myself. Needless to say, it did not end well for him that night. He is great in other ways, but definitely needs to soften some. He learned his lesson a little though. He won't help when I'm sick but he will keep the kids out of the room if I am trying to nap.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 6:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Depends on if I ask him. If he has to work, he can't do much, but otherwise, he's the guy holding my hair when I'm sick. I'll ask him to massage my temples since its mostly headaches with me. As for housework, he'll help, but won't do it fully on his own unless I'm passed out in the bed.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The only time he will help is if Im completely laid up sick and unable to move, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yeah right. Mine still expects me to do what I do every day. But if he gets sick, he becomes a big baby.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yup, my hubby was sick the other weekend and he was a HUGE baby and I did everything for him. but when I get sick its like a complete burden for him to help out -its ridiculous and very immature.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My husband is such a trooper when it comes to helping me. He even volunteers to go to the grocery or stop at the drugstore to get whatever I need, fixes our food, does the dishes. The last time I was sick, he even helped me with my shower and dried my hair. Can't get much sweeter than that. We've been married 46 years the end of this month, and he just keeps becoming more loving and caring with every passing year. That's why I encourage young women not to give up on their husbands.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well I've been with my husband for 13 years, married for 10 and he's never really been that attentive NannyB. I'm not saying I want to give up but I was raised in a home with a loving and thoughtful father and sadly, my husband is not that way.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Too helpful to be honest.

One of my only pet peeves about my husband is this. When I'm sick (even if it is just a cold) my husband baby's me,pampers me and treats me like an invalid.. He really does. He does not let me do anything when I'm sick. He treats me like an invalid child when I'm sick. Though I greatly appreciate the fact that he is so very willing to do for me, take care of me, and take care of everything for me that needs to be taken care of.. It can get annoying as well.

He, however, does not let me take care of him when he is sick. The man could be dying and he would still go to work and do everything else he does..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011