is it possible to become prego if you have had your tubes tied

i had my tubes tied after my last son was born but i feel like i am i am suppoust to start tomorrow but i dont have any pain at all please help

mherren39565

Asked by mherren39565 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes its absolutly possible my mom was 36 at the time had 2 kids(myself and my sister who was probably 14 or 15) when my sister was born she had her tubes CUT AND TIED and she ended up gettin preggo again...the bad thing was she started having complications and went to the doctors what would have been a baby was growing in her tubes,not gettin anytype of nurishment or nothing and the baby didnt make it..it was a hard time for her...they said is wasnt possible to somehow push the baby into the area its supposed to be in....With yours only being tied its possible for them to have come undone,its happened before and its possible that very thing will be fine..but if you suspect it please please take a test or go to the doctors...No one should have to go through what my mom did , i felt sooo bad for her....GL, let me know how it goes......
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• actually yeah, my mom had her tubes tided when she had my sister, and six years later my baby sister was born. Anything could happend.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 11:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes it is possible. And the incidence of ectopic pregnancy is MUCH higher in pregnancies after tubal ligation. So if you suspect you may be pregnant, take a test, don't wait. And if you indeed are pregnant, get to a doctor right away to make sure everything is okay.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've heard that it is possible.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I am the product of that. :o)
    Anonymous