for all those sports moms out there

my husband and I are really into college football. He being from Nebraska is a huge Husker fan....I am a USC fan because i'm from SoCal of course lol. He wants our son to be a Husker fan I of course want him to love the red and gold! How have you guys dealt with your opinions on your favorite teams, and do you try to convert your kids lol!!

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 6:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• I am a Georgia fan and hubby is a Tennessee fan. However, we are not die hard, watch every game fans. Hubby and I agreed that whoever signed our son for football when the time comes then we would switch to that side. So, in my fantasy, my son will be a Georgia fan and will be signing to play with them in 12 years.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• we're both Arkansas Razorback/St Louis Cards fans..so far, the 5yo could care less about either team, or sport. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Luckily, we both cheer for the UGA Dawgs and the Atlanta Falcons...so, no wars here!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I try to teach my son that he can like whatever team he wants by having friendly joking banter about people liking other teams. That way he sees that it is okay to not like the same team as other people and that he shouldn't ostracize others for having a different opinion. I grew up with a very competitive family and it used to irritate me when people would be downright mean for no reason, so I wanted to make sure I taught my son that it wasn't okay to be mean to others just because they had a different favorite.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011