Could it be a girl....

Ok so my mom works at the hospital in the Nursery. WE went up last night to play with the ultrasound machine. We heard the heartbeat and it stayed b/t 166-170. I will be 12 wks this week. I was just wondering if i could trust the heartbeat and buy SOME pink stuff?? Or should I wait till the ultrasound?

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• dont be so quick to judge her! dr's used to use a baby's heartbeat to clue them in to the baby's sex. i am 29 and my mother's dr gave her a guess at my sex from listening to the heartbeat. just because we've grown accustom to the age of seeing the baby's sex lets not forget that things like this used to be normal! good luck mama!
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Are you Serious?
    Heartbeat has nothing to do with predicting the Sex of a Baby. A Doctor will tell you this. Wait until the Ultra Sound. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I agree. A heart beat will not tell you the sex of the baby. Niether will whatever symptoms you may have or how high or low the baby sits. There are a lot of myths and old wives tales about telling the sex. They're not accurate.

Only a sonogram can tell you the sex. And even that's not 100% as the doctor or tech can read it wrong.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• The doctor told me a fast heartbeat like that is normal for a baby of such young age. I thought because my babies was high I'd have a boy....Well, I am expecting a girl. It is hard to be patient and wait for the sex, but do. I started buying a few boy things and I'm glad I didn't go overboard. My poor girl would be dressed in blue trucks.
    janaderosia

Answer by janaderosia at 11:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have hear that. But I would wait it out before I bout anything! Or buy and save the receipts! I think the heartbeat method works better on a later pregnancy, because I think all early pregnancies have faster beats.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 12:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2008