finding the right sitter

OK so I joined this site called sittercity to try to find someone in my area who could watch my son while i'm at school.

I found a couple military mom's like myself who seem very nice and welcoming and live close to the school i'll be going to. IDK if I should meet with them both and make them wait while I make up my mind or meet with the first one i've already agreed to meet and if i don't like her then arrange to meet the other women.

I've never had anyone watch my son that wasn't family/friends so idk how to go about this

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Meet both but let them each know you are meeting with someone else, that is only fair. The one you like bet o a follow up visit with. check references and ask if they are willing to get you a background check for every adult in the house hold. (In my state you can't get a background check on anyone but yourself.)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It sounds good. U need to meet her to see how she interacts with your child.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Meet both :)
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ok thanks ladies. i wasn't sure if i should be honest i was meeting with more than one person or just meet with both and say i'd get back
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Def let them know that you are meeting with a few familys to see which one is the right fit for you and your family and let them know that you will get back to them when you decide. Just make sure you check references and check criminal history. and that it is a NON SMOKING household. Good luck on your search
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011