tattoo question

ive always wanted 1 but i have been too scared so now im getting one this weekend on my arm
and i wanted to know
1.does it hurt?
2.how does it feel?
3.does coloring in hurt?

i went with my neice yesterday and she was 16 tattoos and while she was getting hers done she was on her phone&listening to her ipod when she was done i asked her did it hurt and she said sh didnt feel anything
but i just figured shes use too it

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 7:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes it does hurt, it feels like a hundred shots all at once. Depending on where it is, it may not hurt as much. I have one on my shoulder and it didn't hurt that bad. The color hurt worse hen the black lining in my opinion. But that's just because they color it in and go over the same area over and over to fill all the space.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Mine was just an irritating uncomfortable feeling while doing it on my ankle. It burned bad afterwards though.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 1. Depends.
    2. Depends.
    3. Depends.

All of it depends on where the tattoo is placed, the size needle being used, the artist's heavy handedness, your own pain tolerance, your mood and how connected you are in general with your body and how it is currently feeling.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Depending on how big...once they get done with the outline, the area is numb. The larger the tat, the quicker the skin 'wakes' back up.

The more 'meat' or fat on the area, the less it should hurt. Green always seems to be the color that hurts the worst.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• like the other ladies said, all of that depends. i have three tattoos and only one hurt, the one on my shoulderblade. that was a very painful spot for me, and it is colored pink (two hearts). but the one on my upper arm and on my outer calf did not hurt at all, both colored in as well.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• make sure you really want what u r getting. yes it hurts at first a little shadeing hurts more. and where you get it changes the pain level. have fun their addictive
    mrs.ernster

Answer by mrs.ernster at 7:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have rose on my back pretty big the coloring over the spinal hurt but besides that didnt really feel anything
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The part that hurts the most is the outlining of the design. The coloring part hurts A LOT less. Like, it just feels irritating as opposed to OMG FREAKING OUCH. Best advice ever: Drink some OJ and eat a cookie before getting it. Take a couple hershey bars and a soda with you, just in case. Keep your sugar up, or you might just feel faint and (like me) feel like puking. It really feels like someone taking a knife to your skin, but it really all depends on the area of the tattoo. Mine's on my spine, and trust me... that hurt. My next will be on my lower back, and the one after that either on my chest or arm. hopefully they will hurt less. GL!
    warlikebabyma

Answer by warlikebabyma at 7:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I got my first tat last year a butterfly with tribal design & my kids initials between my shoulder blades, yes it hurts but the more the artist stops for breaks the more it will hurt when he starts again. Some areas are more sensitive than others so those will hurt more. For after care, try not to get it wet, but keep it clean by wiping gently with alcohol then put some A&D ointment (not the cream the ointment) on it a few times a day and try to keep it covered with saran wrap for the first few days. I suggest the A&D ointment because it will not pull your color back out of your tat. If it itches you can gently rub it but never scratch it while it's healing. GL.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Oh yeah, if you drink it wouldn't hurt to go by the liquor store first for a couple of those tiny $1 drinks to throw back.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011