Can a Scentsy consultant sell on eBay?

If you are a consultant for Scentsy, can you buy a bunch of Scentsy stuff and then sell it on eBay for less than the Scentsy price?

Thanks!

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 7:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• No, as a Scentsy consultant, you can NOT sell products on Ebay. It is in our agreement with Scentsy. We also are not allowed to sell on Craigslist.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It looks like you can. You can try it and if you can't then eBay will send you a notice saying that you can't sell it because of intellectual property rights.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=scentsy

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i don't see why not

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Look into the contract you signed or the TOS agreement. MOST direct sales companies do NOT allow reps to sell merchandise on ebay, one I know of for a fact is Avon...yet that doesn't stop reps from doing it. BUT sometimes the companies will look into it and remove reps!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't sell Scentsy but I do sell Mia Bella and I know we cannot sell on ebay or Craigslist. The only thing we can do is advertise and put a link to our website.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Check your state's laws; the restriction may fall under "restriction of trade" and may not be enforceable in all states.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011