why does water roll off my 11 month old's head like a little ducky?

lol seriously - she has very little hair. about as much as my other two daughters had at birth! but it's black like daddy's - and im thinking it will be coarse like daddy's - because of the water thing. whenever i give her a bath and wet her hair, it just rolls off and it takes a lot of repeating to actually get her hair wet. my husband is cuban and does have coarse hair. but our other two daughters have very soft hair. their hair doesn't do this when i get it wet. does this mean it will be coarse?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son has bright blonde hair. and his head is water proof as well! he's three. idk why and idk what it means. his dad has thick hair and i have fine hair...
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my 5 month old has a lot of soft blonde hair and her head is waterproof...till i start rubbing in the water and shampoo
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my babies hair is waterproof too, but just slide your finger throughout her hair with a wet hand, kind of open it up then pour water over it, it helpe me lots.
    ariadnebila

Answer by ariadnebila at 8:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• we're the same way! my husband has very thick, coarse hair. i have very fine hair, thin on top but thick everywhere else.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011