How to remove play-doh off floor?

My toddlers ended up getting some play-doh on the floor. I don't know how to really get it off. Do you know of some easy ways to remove it?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 7:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I usually let it dry then scrape it off with a fork and vacuum. I have really short knotted carpet though...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's easier once it's gone hard. Then we normally use a tooth pick or something small to try and work it out of the carpet. It's happened a few times, I'm not sure if there's a better solution, I'm sure someone else will have one!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Let it dry and vaccum it up
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If it's carpet let it dry and then scrape out all that you can and vacuum. If it's still there, take a damp towel and lay it over it then press a hot iron on the towel. Keep repeating and moving the towel until it is gone and be sure to keep the towel damp. It take s awhile but this method will get anything off of carpet.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• what type of floor? let it dry, then use a putty knife carefully to get off. Carpet, you might try rubbing some ice on it.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 7:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If it is carpet let it dry and vaccum if just a floor dry then scrap it up.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 9:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011