Do you ever...

answer a question and then go back and read your reply and think "wow that sounded really judgmental", or condescending, rude, etc? I think sometimes what I want to say comes out the wrong way and I'm hoping that some of the things that people say on here are just written the wrong way and not meant to be as rude as it sounds.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 7:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No. What I say is what I mean. I'm very blunt and don't sugar coat things. Yes it may come out as rude sometimes but the OP needs the truth even if it does sound mean.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No. If people take them the wrong way t does not mean that I meant them that way. That is one of the problems with typing instead of speaking though is that the tone you would speak with doesn't always come through in typing.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• not really. i usually know if my words are going to be taken offensively, and usually i can guess who's gonna be offended. you can't always neutralize your answers; if you did, can you really stay true to your own opinion?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Actually, I usually find it the other way around: I was feeling rather curt when I answered, but find what I've written to be much more moderate or softly said... I suppose I expect to sound blunt and am sometimes surprised to find I don't. Or at least, not as blunt as I thought I was.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I do believe that a lot of people read the responses the wrong way. Something that comes off in text doesn't have the tone of voice, the body language, and so on to convey what they really meant. It's hard sometimes to understand another person's meaning when you read text.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My responses are usually exactly the way I would say them Bitchy or not. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sometimes--usually around that time of month--I can be a little shorter in my answers than normal, or a little more argumentative. But still, I think even on my worst days I'm not nearly as bitchy as some other members are on their best ones.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I've had it happen a couple of times, usually when I'm really tired.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I posted something one time about Sister Wives and this one lady WENT OFF. I think it is funny that people take things on here so seriously. It makes me wonder if they have anything else going on in their lives besides this. It really isn't that big of a deal. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• no... it's not like you can change what was said.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2011