I have been working out an hour a day for 7 weeks now, taking 2 days off a week. How long does it normally take to notice a difference in weight?

Asked by Sexymom75 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• i know that if you combine weight training with cardio, you will not notice a drastic change on the scale, because you are building lean muscle which weighs more than fat. so, in order to not get discouraged you need to take your measurements when you first started working out and then again every month following. you will notice a drastic change in inches before you notice the scale. what ever you do, don't give up. just keep up the hard work and stay focused. remember, you didn't put the weight on over night, so don't expect it to come off over night. a healthy weight loss would be 1-2 lbs a week. whenever you get the urge to cheat, just tell yourself, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!" lol, that is what i tell myself, and it works for the most part. good luck on your success.

Answer by juzcreepin at 11:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It is never soon enough!!! LOL doctor claims that to lose between 1-2 lbs per week is a good steady weight loss. Everyone has a different metabolism. If you are working out and counting calories... ya should start seeing results in that first week. Good Luck...I feel your pain. LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well that depends on how you are working out and your eating habits. You need to burn more calories than what you take in to lose weight. Also, if you are lifting weights you will add muscle-which weighs more than fat. Muscle also burns more calories than fat.

Answer by hohaas at 10:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• well I have been going to the gym now 3 days a week since Feburary and so far I have only lost 16 pounds... I havent noticed a diffence but my cousin saw me last week and said that I lost my but and I can see in my hips that I have lost a little... Just stick with it as long as numbers are going down your doing a GREAT JOB!!!

Answer by AlexisMommie at 11:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• usually it is harder to notice it on yourself then when someone elses sees you. We view ourselves differently then everyone else does and so we could be losing and not realizing it. I decided when my clothes fit me differently is a good sign.

Answer by maryztutti at 11:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You also need to make a change in your diet. A very reliable personal trainer told me that it's 30% exercise and 70% diet that gives you results.

Answer by slw123 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The most important part of losing weight is your eating habits, not your exercise. Fitness and weight loss are 80% nutrition, 10% genetics, and 10% exercise. How are you eating right now?

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2008