how can i stop my sneezing and sore throat?

my glands feel funny and bloated and my sneezing is the worst because i constantly feel the need to sneeze but i dont.. i already took benedral adn it didnt work it only made me sleepy.. any home remedies or med i could take to stop this?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Health

• Hot shower, another dose of benadryl (?) and gargle with salt water.
    Anonymous

• Try hot green tea. It will help your throat.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Gargle 3x a day with salt water, and use a q tip and wipe your nose with the salt water 2x a day. Take a multi vitamin, and drink at least one hot beverage, perferrably tea once during the day. I got this treatments when the swine flu was big, and we did this all that winter. We didn't get one cold virus that year. A few times we started with sore throat, and we kept it up, and added some orange juice, and within 2 days it was gone.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• gargle with salt water, a hot steamy shower, hot tea with honey, run a vaporizer when you are sleeping to keep the room moist. Benadryl WILL make you sleepy. If you have had the symptoms more than a week, call your doctor and see if you have strep or something else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• When in doubt, I ask my pharmacist what he would recommends.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011