Liver and Onions

I have to cook liver and onions for a client at the end of the week. I have never had it. I have been dig'n around on the net for a reciepe. It seems some people soak it in milk before and say that is the most important step. To keep it from becoming bitter.
Other reciepes say saute it and then add the onions and worschestire sauce and seasoning.
What would you recomend?

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Pretty much the way you have found. My Granny and Mom always rolled it in flour before they fried it, and then take it out, sautee the onions, and put the liver back on top. It's actually one of my favorite things. My mom got me to eat it when I was a kid by telling me it was roast! LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If it is beef or pork liver soaking in milk makes all the difference in the world. Chicken livers, there is no need. Slicing your onions thinly so they will carmelize is another key.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• soak it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011