Cradle cap!

My 4 1/2 month old has recently developed what I assume is cradle cap. It started out as yellow, flaky skin on his scalp. I've been using my mom's method of baby oil and a baby brush, and it has helped but it keeps coming back as dandruff. Any tricks to get it to stay away?

SamanthaAgain

Asked by SamanthaAgain at 12:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The dr told me to use baby oil - squirt alot on top of her head and gently scrub with a toothbrush. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and rinse out. I tried it and it worked great - it went away with rhe rinse and has never come back - 3 months later. Thats basically what you are saying you did ... but maybe the letting it soak in will help ?
    Anonymous

• how many times do you give the baby a bath? my dr. said to only give one every other day or every 2 days b/ dry skin and cradle cap.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Look in the baby section at your drug store or grocery store. I think maybe Gerber's or Johnson's makes something for cradle cap. If you don't see it, ask the pharmacist or call your pediatrician. Good luck!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• We only give him a bath every other day, otherwise his skin dries out all over his body. He has his daddy's sensitive skin lol
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• baby oil helped me. mabey every 2 days if he stays clean? i would call the dr. and ask... sorry i dont know how to help.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my DD had the same thing..This is what worked for me..take a cotton ball tabbed iwth baby oil and gently with some light pressure rub the scalp where the cradle crap is..once done. wash the hair and try to comb out the rist of it..I hope this helps
    carolina0416

Answer by carolina0416 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• aquaphor. it was gone in two days.
    Anonymous

• I posted a journal on this with lots of ideas, here's the link http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1263488/Cradle_Cap
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2008