does this sound picky to you?

I found a childcare job and my friend says this to her sounds picky didn't really sound it to me I was just wonder if anyone else thought it sounds picky.

I am definitely willing to see if your nephew and my kids would be a good fit and your daughter is welcome as well. Does your daughter need you to take her to and from school? I am just concerned about times. I would love to give this opportunity to a mother. I was once myself a single mother. However, since I am in healthcare I know health insurance is very important to have and unfortunately, we are unable to provide that for you. Please tell me your plan for acquiring this. Are you eligible to be on your parent´┐Żs policy, or get public assistance, maybe you are not single and your spouse covers you? I am not trying to be too nosey, just want to make sure all bases are covered before we talk more. Thanks!

Then another thing she sent me...

Please tell me what you think a typical day with a 4 and 2 year old would be like, plus your three year old nephew. What sort of activities would you do? What things are very important to you when caring for children?

I am glad to know you would be active with our kids. We also believe kids need to get outside everyday. Even today we bundled up twice and went out. And in the scorching summer too. I believe as a mother of a child that is older than my four year old you will know how to let them develop independence while staying nearby for help when they need it. Does that sound right? I would like now to talk to your references and then schedule a phone interview. Please let them know I will be calling from a *** area code (my cell phone). Please provide atleast 2 people that are not related to you who can speak about your character. It would be great if you have worked for them but that isn't absolutely necessary as long as the reference can tell me what kind of person you are. Thanks and I'm looking forward to talking more soon. Please also tell the reference that I may not know your last name unless you want to give it to me. But if not, that's fine too. I will give you advance notice before calling you because I don't want to catch you offguard.

She sounds very nice to me not picky what do yall think????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds like she is on top of things and doing her job.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• sounds VERY picky to me! what if you miss a day outside?! gasp...
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• she sounds like a concerned mother. I think the health care question was her way of saying she didnt want to find out that you were just working sick or allowing your daughter to be around her kids sick because you were uninsured.

IMO - She sounds as if she would be better off hiring a private nanny or simply becoming a sahm.
    Anonymous

• I would be ok with everything but her asking about health insurance...it is NOT her business and she shouldn't be asking you about it. That is personal and private information that does not mean anything to the job.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I agree that she sounds like a mom who really knows what she wants. She is just trying to be sure you aren't gonna stick them in front of the TV all day and text your boyfriend.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am in between while she seems nice and concerned she also seems picky and nosey...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The health care question is weird

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Okay then how much would you expect to be paid for this job?? the children are 4 and 2
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• its only 3 days a week and 2 saturdays a month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ummm that sounds like what i do. because i was a babysitter and im very care full about who watches my kids. the lady that does it is great and also helps with them learning spanish.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011