sucky news

so, i got a phone call today from DH and instead of him coming home in feb. he's coming home the end of april! i COULDN'T believe this! i don't know y he's gotta stay longer and the most sulkiest part is that we have to move from OC. to FL. not bad right! but he wont be there to help move. he has to b deployed for a year yet again in June :( i hate being married to the military. i knew i shouldn't have pushed him to deploy but the break is good for us! has anyone else had the same problem either with kids, newborns or just in general

savanah520

Asked by savanah520 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Travel

• 1993, the year from Hell (for everyone but Linda, according to one friend...)

Dh was on a 7.5mo course, and it wasn't 'longer than 6 months' because they're not allowed to do that here, and it would have cost them a whole lot of extra money --but if he 'wanted to come home' (from 7600 miles away) he'd have to do it on the one weekend between the 'end' of one course and the beginning of the next. Ha ha. Yeah... that's an accident.

Anyhow... about a week before he was supposed to come home, period, he found out that he was eligible to take ANOTHER course... that started 4 days after the one he was on.

For the first time in our marriage (1985), I didn't have a spaz. I didn't scream and cry. In fact, I pulled out all my counseling/listening skills and we talked about it. He got 2 weeks leave and came home for a wonderful 'holiday' and went back for another 11 weeks.

It was the best year of my life, to date.

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

I had just discovered something: my husband loves me --and I love him-- whether he's in the other room playing computer games or on the other side of the planet. Sure, I love it when he's in the room being wonderful to me (or arguing with me, or whatever --just being here)... but when he's not in the room, he's not, whether he's at work for the day, at sea for the week or on the other side of the planet for the rest of the year. And when I have the urge to kiss him (or yell at him) and he's not here in that moment, it doesn't matter where he is, or how long he's away.

I can manage a move alone --I have friends and help lots of people in lots of ways, so lots of people are happy to help, especially when dh is not available. That 'ooh, how do you cope' is worth a lot, in getting helpers.

I can manage the kids alone --it's tiring, but it is when he's working down the street, too.

I found out I'm okay alone. Really.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Linda... Thank you. That is something I needed to hear as well. Wonderful post!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011