Do you ever watch Super Nanny and think...

maybe these ppl shouldn't have had so many kids? I think big families are awesome and I have 5 sisters myself, but I don't think all couples are cut out for it. Don't you think you would stop or hold after after 2 or 3 kids if you were having problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Entertainment

• Yeah, som people aren't even cut out for 2 kids! I've been the super Nanny before I had kids and thank God for that cause it made me wait until I was ready! Some people were SO business and work oriented that their own kids completely elude them (however it's spelt) and even from the first few months of age, tehy already have other people taking care of their kids for them! So sad!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 12:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I watch it and think the kids just need a good spanking..
    Anonymous

• I see some where the parents have more children than they can keep track of. I am all for big families as well, I think the bond is great and it awesome to have that big of a nearly guaranteed support group. However, at a certain point, you have to realize that you are stretched too thin. The ones I do feel for though are the blended families with multiple children from each parent. The children are confused and it is hard in the new situation and everything.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The majority of the families I see on that show are bigger families, but I think that most of them are just handling them wrong.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 12:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I can't watch it. I don't want to just put a good swat to the kids backsides I want to shake the stuffings out of the parents and ask "what the hell is wrong with you people"
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've seen the show and I do think maybe they shouldn't have had so many children. I think after so many it would just be way too stressful to make them all listen. Especially if they are close in age they are more likely to have conflicts.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Anon (the first poster) must be ashamed she spanks her kids.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, no kidding! (about the first anon poster) I was getting ready to write something about that myself! Nice that she wants to immediately resort to spanking.

Someone has a short fuse! (People like THAT/her shouldn't have kids!)
    Anonymous

• I like to watch the show and I must admit, sometimes I see my toddler in some of those scenarios! Some of those meltdowns looked pretty familiar! It does drive me a little crazy when they show the parent just sitting there while their kid is having a fit. It makes me very thankful for my family!! Overall, I think the supernanny has some pretty good ideas, but I think what helps the most is having those parents review the video and actually see for themselves what is going on in their homes. It's like holding a mirror up!
    Anonymous

• Love that show! I used to watch it with my son. i only had to say: "I'm calling supernanny!" once and it really worked. It helped deal with some of the issues I was having. I come from a big family and my mother only had to look at us to get us to do what's right. Still to this day, she commands a lot of respect from her grandchildren.

IMHO Spanking does not teach anything - it is just taking out your frustration on someone smaller. On someone who counts on you for protection.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 10:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008