How much would you charge?..

I might start keeping 2 kids ages 2 and 4. I think the mom is going to be pretty picky. She wants activities planned, outside time EVERYDAY (no matter the weather), learning time, and just the way she worded the other things people just think she is picky. Its for 3 days a week and 2 saturdays a month. How much would you charge by day....she said she pays by day. She is calling references too. (she also said the taxes is up to me they will not file childcare on their taxes if I don't want them to)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I pay $30 per day and that includes snacks and lunch. My dd is 3
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• atleast $40 A DAY for 2 kids
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• $80-$100
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ummmm if ur going to have to make what seems like lesson plans with recess. well how many hrs a day that would also change the price. our baby sitter said 15 dollars a day. our kids are 3 and 2. i also send the food and drinks for that day. plus extra pullups and things they will need. she does feed them also what ever her kids have and does take them outside the house alot.
    ur time is valueable so u decide
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I charge $25/day but I only babysit an infant right now (no snacks needed)

$30 sounds fair. Maybe give a sibling discount. $50 for the two, something like that. Taking the kids outside and planning activities are not too much out of the ordinary. And the weeks are short for you too, that's good.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It would be determined by how many hours, if you provide the food, and do you drive her kids in your car????
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• its an 8-9 hour a day thing...sorry I left that out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• $50 per day seems fair considering it's 2 kids, full time and she basically wants a preschool atmosphere.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Id say $50 a day is fair. I also do in home daycare and charge $25 per day per child. I provide breakfast, lunch, snack and drinks
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Also depends on where you live... Are you in a "big city" or a "rural area?"

I'd call a couple of pre-schools and ask what they charge, as it sounds like you'll be held to the same demanding schedule as a pre-school teacher... Then charge accordingly for personalized attention and the included "healthy" meals.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011