info please and alot of prayers

my dad is diabetic,has high cholesterol, and trouble with blood pressure even with meds. what causes ministrokes, reg strokes and heARTattacks? I am deathly worried!!

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 8:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Health

• Your dad is in my prayers. The good thing is all those things can be helped with diet and exercise.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• positive energies to you and your family :)
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Heart attacks are generally caused by lack of blood flow to the heart muscle. Arteries can become occluded by plaques like cholesterol. High blood pressure can cause anerism ruptures in blood vessels. Strokes are caused by lack of oxygen to certain centers in the brain. Usually they are caused due to a brain bleed. high blood pressure can def. be attributed to increased stroke risk. Worrying won't change anything. Helping him to change his life style can help everything. Even a 20 lb weight loss can change everything for some people. Stay positive and determined to help him, help himself.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I just said a prayer for you, diamondsarecool, asking God for his guidance, wisdom, courage, and strength for you. I prayed that He would wrap His big, loving arms around you and hold you tight and assure that everything is in His will. Stay close to your dad and see that he gets to the doctor and takes his meds, etc. Find out what he should be doing as far as diet, exercise, therapy, etc. ((hugs))
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 8:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Prayers your way. "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• im praying for u.trust god he will heal him.trust me
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011