What would YOU do if Marijuana became legal?

Just for kicks!
Leave the country?
Smoke up?
Not care?
Go buy some?
Throw a fit?
Celebrate?
LOL

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't care. It's legal here for medical purposes, and that has no effect on me. It'd be no different. People make it sound like everyone's going to be walking around smoking a joint, etc. That's just no the case, it's not like you'll be able to smoke it on the street corner or while walking from your car to work. The driving under the influence does bother me, but people do that now anyway. I'm not sure things would change much at all.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would be happy that decades of hypocrisy and misinformation has come to an end! (that doesn't mean I smoke it)
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Light Up a blunt.
    Anonymous

• Open up a smoking bar/restaurant.

To me.. the subject of legalization is all about business not my personal pleasure.. lol

If/When legalization finally happens here in Oregon, there are some industries to be tapped into and started up. Think of all the foods that are sold in legal dispensaries, think about the foods that are served at Gourmet Ganja in Denver.. Think restaurant that serves such fair plus hookah bar.. Would be no different than the typical "bar & grill" type place you find now in most cities. It would just have a hookah bar instead of a "bar" bar..

The potential markets, job creation, tax revenue..etc are pretty big once people look past simply "smoking out" (lol) if/when legalization happens.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Pay more into my uninsured and underinsured other driver premiums
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Nothing...since I made it the past 42 years having never touched the stuff (or other illegal drugs or cigarettes). Too many more important things to do with my time!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Nothing would change for me. Well, CA wouldn't be in the hole as much and our taxes might go down (LOL).
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'd get some for myself, probably as often as I buy a bottle of champagne...maybe for a girl's night in, with munchies and movies, or if I was seeing a great concert...or laying in the hammock with DH looking at the stars... I'm not a regular user, but there is a time and a place for one good hit ;)
    Anonymous

• I don't smoke it, don't care if other people do and I think it should be legal.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would smoke it up lol! It would be great to actually get to really try it (I've taken a couple of hits before, but never really even got buzzed, it just eased my headache a little), and to not have to worry about some of my friends who smoke sometimes or grow. Plus I'd be ecstatic that good tax payers dollars were no longer being wasted.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2011